Aids for Medium Writers
The hidden important Medium Writer feature: Zip your Medium Data
There are over 300 articles I have written. One day I think in case anything happens, don’t think it might happen, but just in case… how could I get them back? Just like Covid-19, no one would think that could ever happen.
I have thought about it, but manually go and backup all my Medium information would take time. I procrastinated.
Medium had it all for you!
It has been 4 years I’ve written on Medium, Medium had it all there, and I’m not aware of it. The feature is called ZIP!
All you need to do is
- Click on your profile photo (on the top-left)
- Scroll down to settings
- Scroll down to Download your information (Download .zip)
It will state to send your information as a Zip file to your email. That’s it!
What it has within?
There are quite a bit of things it has as shown in the diagram below.
I’m listing the 4 main ones that I think most useful that I didn’t know it existed!
- Lifetime payments for each article you wrote, easily seen. Else you have to go to the Medium Partner Program page, and click See more on each article.
- Claps you have done in the past, including how many times you clap. I can’t find where I clap before, hence now I bookmark the article instead. Now this helps me identify where I have clapped in the past.
- Posts, i.e. all the articles you have written. You don’t need to download them anymore, they are all sent to you. (Caveat, the images are still linked to the medium site though)
- Highlights you have done in the past. Like claps, I don’t know where I have highlighted in the past. So this now helps me to locate all of them.
I believe this information is available on some Medium blogging guide, but in case you are like me didn’t even know it exist, may this bless you.
P/S: Special thanks to my blogging friend Anupam Chugh, who enlighten me this! Do check out for his many interesting blogs.